This Empire of Islam packet has rigor, versatility, and fun!
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
· Government /Leadership
· Social Classes
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Empire of Islam bundle is divided into 4 parts:
I. RISE OF ISLAM AND THE ARABIAN PENINSULA NOTES, GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS AND CLOSE READINGS CONTENT INSTRUCTION-
The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher driven depending on teacher preference:
1. Geography of the Arabian Peninsula Close Reading
2. Understanding Islam
2 page close reading with key vocabulary.
3. The Spread of Islam 2 page reading with key vocabulary.
4. Comparing Religions Fact Sheet: Islam, Christianity and Judaism
with a Map of Religions of the World.
5. Introduction to Islam PowerPoint
6. Achievements of Islam Two Page Reading
7. An Empire of Islam Introduction Investigation
- Students analyze primary sources, look at maps and visuals to make predictions about their learning for the unit. It also comes with a summative reflection activity!
8. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
II. RISE OF ISLAM AND THE ARABIAN PENINSULA ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS-
Current, engaging and interactive activities that have students process information. This packet includes:
1. Understanding Islam Common Core Analysis Questions Worksheet andE-mail an Advice Columnists Activity
2. Where in the World Arabian Peninsula Map and Scavenger Hunt Activity
3. Postcard from the Arabian Peninsula Activity
4. Comparing Islam, Christianity and Judaism Key Vocabulary Matching Printable with answer key
5. Comparing Similarities and Differences Islam, Christianity and Judaism Analysis Chart with answer key
6. The Spread of Islam Common Core Analysis Activity
and answer key and Instagram from the Caliph fun activity option
7. Arabian Peninsula People Pass:
A fun activity that will get your students moving and talking about key concepts!
8. Achievements of the Empire Islam Common Core Analysis Printable and Answer Key
9. An Achievements of the Empire of Islam Folding Project Template and Examples
III. RISE OF ISLAM AND THE ARABIAN PENINSULA REVIEW and FUN CLASS GAMES!-
1. Wager This! A fun review game activity printable.
2. Human Multiple Choice with printable group cards
3. Term Play!: A class term review game
4. Key Concept Matching Activity with Storyboard and Examples
IV. RISE OF ISLAM AND THE ARABIAN PENINSULA TEST AND PROJECT-
1. A Common Core Research Test- Students work individually or paired to answer questions and support their answers from the text. Comes with an answer key, answer document and two versions that are completely editable.
2. A Fun and FUN and Common Core Pilgrimage Board Game
that includes all of the following:
a. Teacher Instructions and Pacing Guide
b. Two Readings: Geography and Understanding Islam
c. A Common Core Worksheet with an Answer Key
d. A Board Game Anticipatory Set Teacher Reading
e. Project Examples and Explanation
g. Game Card Templates
This packet is not just a random selection of readings with unclear outcome expectations. Students will build a framework for future learning with concepts that will be repeated throughout their academic careers! Have a great unit!
This product is included in the purchase of the following:
♥♥♥SAVE BIG! Buy the entire year of Medieval History Lesson Plans in a discounted MEDIEVAL HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE
HAVE A GREAT UNIT!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania, The Arabian Peninsula, Muhammad, Islamic Expansion, Common Core Writing
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.