This packet paces the book over 17 instructional days, and includes higher order thinking questions, a central questions chart, a vocabulary chart, and a vocabulary key with definitions and nonlinguistic representations.
In this packet, students will be required to:
- Make inferences
- Make predictions
- Interpret character actions and motivation for actions
- Interpret character quotes
- Interpret author descriptions
- Determine and explain character traits
- Take a stance
- Justify opinions
- Interpret similes and metaphors
- Provide specific evidence from the text
If used as homework assignments, the questions can drive class discussion the next day.