The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! The bookmarks are also provided in both a color version and a black and white version.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my ISLAND OF THE BLUE DOLPHINS synonym/antonym crossword, which can be found here:
<a href="https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Island-of-the-Blue-Dolphins-ed-of-Bookmarks-PlusFun-FreebieHandy-Reading-Aid-159”> Island of the Blue Dolphins ed. of Bookmarks Plus—Fun Freebie/Handy Reading Aid!</a>
Also, the same 25 words are part of my ISLAND OF THE BLUE DOLPHINS Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. The puzzle can be found here:
<a href="https:// www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Island-of-the-Blue-Dolphins-ed-of-Bookmarks-PlusFun-FreebieHandy-Reading-Aid-159”> Island of the Blue Dolphins ed. of Bookmarks Plus—Fun Freebie/Handy Reading Aid
USE ALL THREE PRODUCTS TOGETHER TO REINFORCE MEANING!
ELEMENTARY EDITIONS OF BOOKMARKS PLUS
* The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
* Al Capone Does My Shirts
* Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days
* Because of Mr. Terupt
* Because of Winn-Dixie
* Beezus and Ramona
* The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
* The Best School Year Ever
* The BFG (Big, Friendly Giant)
* Blood on the River
* The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
* The Breadwinner
* Bridge to Terabithia
* Bud, Not Buddy
* Call It Courage
* Catherine Called Birdy
* The Cay
* Charlotte’s Web
* The Clay Marble
* The Cricket in Times Square
* Cryptid Hunters
* A Day No Pigs Would Die
* Dead End in Norvelt
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil’s Arithmetic
* Diary of a Wimpy Kid
* Dicey’s Song
* The Egypt Game
* Esperanza Rising
* Found, Book 1: The Missing
* Freak the Mighty
* Freedom Crossing
* From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
* Glory Be
* Harris and Me
* Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
* Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
* The Hideout
* High Elk’s Treasure
* How to Eat Fried Worms
* I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Inside Out & Back Again
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Jacob Have I Loved
* James and the Giant Peach
* Julie of the Wolves
* Lawn Boy
* The Lemonade War
* The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
* A Long Way from Chicago
* Lupita Mañana
* The Magician’s Nephew
* Maniac Magee
* The Maze of Bones—The 39 Clues, Book 1
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
* Missing May
* Moon Over Manifest
* The Mouse and the Motorcycle
* Night of the Twisters
* The Night Tourist
* Number the Stars
* Old Yeller
* The One and Only Ivan
* One Crazy Summer
* Our Town
* The Pinballs
* Ramona Quimby, Age 8
* The Rescue
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Running Out of Time
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Save Me a Seat
* The Secret Garden
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* Shooting the Moon
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Sing Down the Moon
* A Single Shard
* Stolen Children
* Stone Fox
* Summer of the Monkeys
* The Tale of Despereaux
* Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
* The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones
* The Tiger Rising
* Treasure Island
* The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
* Tuck Everlasting
* Vacation Under the Volcano
* The War with Grandpa
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
* The Westing Game
* When You Reach Me
* When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
* Where the Lilies Bloom
* Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
* A Wrinkle in Time
* A Year Down Yonder
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Check out my 100s of fun and unique products at:
Also take a look at my new LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER products based on my years "in the trenches"--great writing lessons.
Below are my fun and unique products over ISLAND OF THE BLUE DOLPHINS. View all 17 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: Island of the Blue Dolphins edition--Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 264 questions!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 50-word prereading Crossword—Pair w/Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Island of the Blue Dolphins edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Island of the Blue Dolphins Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Pair w/Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 2 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Based on the Novel! A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 3 Category Jumbles Word Puzzles—Fun! Students unscramble words and then place the letters into a series of squares. They then arrange the letters in the shaded boxes to spell out the category word at the top of the puzzle. Students love uncovering the mystery word!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 5 Fill In Word Puzzles—Trial and Error! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 5 Fractured Maxims Word Puzzles—Unique! Students rearrange “tiles” to form wise sayings that relate to the themes of Island of the Blue Dolphins. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 8 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Categories: Names & Characters; Animals; Plants; Tools & Utensils; Karana; The Island; Karana’s Short Voyage; Sea Elephants;
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: Anagram Crossword—A Spelling Challenge! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next. A unique crossword!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: Author Crossword—One of a Kind! Students research the author to complete this puzzle. Great extra credit project!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 7 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Novel! Students decode thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• Island of the Blue Dolphins: 5 Word Searches Based on the Book! Categories: Characters; Sea Elephants; Island Birds; Predators; Spring on the Island
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!