Also included in
- This bundle includes lessons that invite your students to explore and discuss current issues through nonfiction, informational texts. Each resource provides you with several options that will engage your students as they read, view, think, discuss and write. The bundle contains the following topics:Price $28.99Original Price $42.46Save $13.47
Get your students engaged with this very relevant topic. As much as we wish COVID was a thing of the past, it continues to be a huge part of students' lives. Use this to get them reading, viewing, writing, and collaborating.
Introduce the fact that in 2020 there were many memes about Shakespeare and Newton's time in isolation; they were an attempt to inspire us to do be like them and create amazing things. But it's not quite that simple, and this resource takes students through a closer look at what happened with these two geniuses - and what we can do to (realistically) learn from them.
Here's what you'll get:
- Three step-by-step lessons plans
- Engaging and editable slideshows
- A magazine style article
- Short mentor passages you can use to focus on author craft
- An engaging collaborative activity
- Extension activities for expository writing
- A short extension activity for poetry
- Answer keys and teaching instructions
- An editable rubric for the writing assignment
✔️Your students will love these real-life lessons and they will learn skills for critical thinking, reading, and writing along the way.
✔️Your prep is quick and easy: the lesson plans give you step-by-step instructions embedded with links to all of the materials you will need.
If you want to get your students engaged in more current topics, be sure to check out the bundle - which now includes this resource too!
Would you like more engaging lessons that connect reading and writing?
✅Connecting Reading & Writing Resources
✅Creative Writing inspired by YA Novels
Get tips, strategies, and freebies:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Copyright © ROOM 213
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.