Also included in
- Engage your students with activities and content readings on Africa. These resources are designed for classroom instruction, and the Issues in Africa Activity includes Google Slides. ⭐This is a GROWING BUNDLE - as resources get added, you will receive them here! ⭐❤️Click on each of the resources abo$15.82$21.97Save $6.15
- Buy lessons to enhance your year teaching Geography and save! Purchase the bundle of Geography activities for huge savings! In this bundle, you will receive all of my Geography lessons including Word Walls, lessons and games! Each of these lessons involve an Interactive Student Notebook component a$79.99$117.91Save $37.92
- My Geography and World Cultures bundle has lesson plans and activities for different units throughout the entire year – from What is World Cultures? at the beginning of the year to activities for every region of the World. Each of these resources involve an Interactive Student Notebook component and$338.17$469.68Save $131.51
Africa has been left with a dark legacy from European Colonization. What are the current issues that face Africa today? In this activity, students explore 8 different issues that are impacting Africa by visiting stations and completing processing assignments.
This resource includes a paper version and a 1:1 Google version to be used with Google Classroom. On the first page will be a link that will have you make a copy of the Google Doc, so be sure to be signed in to your Google account. You can then share directly with your students.
This activity includes:
⭐a Preview Activity to introduce the lesson
⭐Word Wall Terms and an vocabulary activity on the following terms: arable land, chronic, cholera, contested, corruption, dehydration, drought, fertility rate, life expectancy, malaria, malnutrition, and population growth
⭐placards with images and content on different issues in Africa including climate change, legacy of colonization, population growth, hunger, AIDS, political instability, cholera, and malaria
⭐processing assignments for each station
⭐teacher directions including a check-off sheet
⭐Please download the preview to see more information on this resource. This resource has been completely updated for 2020! ⭐
(1) History. The student understands that historical events influence contemporary events. The student is expected to:
(A) trace characteristics of various contemporary societies in regions that resulted from historical events or factors such as colonization, immigration, and trade; and
(B) analyze the historical background of various contemporary societies to evaluate relationships between past conflicts and current conditions.
(5) Geography. The student understands the impact of interactions between people and the physical environment on the development and conditions of places and regions. The student is expected to:
(A) describe ways people have been impacted by physical processes such as earthquakes and climate;
(13) Culture. The student understands the similarities and differences within and among cultures in various world societies. The student is expected to:
(D) identify and explain examples of conflict and cooperation between and among cultures.
(18) Science, technology, and society. The student understands the influences of science and technology on contemporary societies. The student is expected to:
(A) identify examples of scientific discoveries, technological innovations, and scientists and inventors that have shaped the world;
(B) explain how resources, economic factors, and political decisions affect the use of technology; and
(C) make predictions about future social, political, economic, cultural, and environmental impacts that may result from future scientific discoveries and technological innovations.
(19) Social studies skills. The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired through established research methodologies from a variety of valid sources, including technology. The student is expected to:
(A) differentiate between, locate, and use valid primary and secondary sources such as oral, print, and visual material and artifacts to acquire information about various world cultures;
(B) analyze information by sequencing, categorizing, identifying cause-and-effect relationships, comparing, contrasting, finding the main idea, summarizing, making generalizations and predictions, and drawing inferences and conclusions;
(C) organize and interpret information from outlines, reports, databases, and visuals, including graphs, charts, timelines, and maps; and
(20) Social studies skills. The student uses geographic tools to collect, analyze, and interpret data. The student is expected to:
(A) answer geographic questions, including: Where is it located? Why is it there? What is significant about its location? How is its location related to the location of other people, places, and environments? Using latitude and longitude, where is it located?;
(21) Social studies skills. The student communicates in written, oral, and visual forms. The student is expected to:
(A) use social studies terminology correctly;
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2020 Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.