The Italy Unit Study is a comprehensive lesson plan for the classroom or homeschool. It is based on a cross-curricular approach to learning, covering topics such as geography, math, language arts, science and foreign language to name a few.
Included in the Italy Unit Study is a suggested schedule of lessons, day by day instructions, lots of vibrant photos, games, and hands-on activities.
Kids will immerse themselves in the Italian culture. The lessons culminate in a personalized, homemade Italy Book.
More than 100 pages of information!!
The Italy Unit Study is divided into the following categories:
• Basic Facts - Easy to read information about Italy
• Map it! - Geography portion of the program aimed at enhancing map reading skills, learning capitals, placing countries geographically on a map
• Money Matters - A look at the currency used and its value
• Speak it! - Using actual sound bites included in the program, learn to say a few words in the target language
• Food - Find out what the people enjoy eating, make a dish
• Culture - Explore traditions, folklore, music and arts
• Sports – Find out what sports the Italians enjoy most
• Cities and Landmarks - Explore important cities and landmarks
• Notable People - Fun facts about people from Italy that have made an impact in the world
• Science and Nature - Explore the area's significant fauna and flora
• Activities - Do all of this while having fun with puzzles, games and hands on projects
• Words to Know – Relevant vocabulary used throughout the program compiled into an easy to use list