Dawson's Darlings has created a Fall unit for all of those busy teachers who are looking for some wonderful math and literacy ideas to support their students' math and literacy needs.
This unit has various leveled stories that focus on sight words and repetitive text. Your students will be able to read independently in no time. In addition, there is a shared reading text that focuses on seasonal things throughout fall. Your students love the poem, the art activities and the many printable no fuss independent work activities.
Finally, this unit contains fabulous hands-on fall math activities that will keep your students working and having fun learning. Students will make sets, count sets, find the missing number, count-on, sequence, measure and more.
Table of Contents
1. Fall Letter vs. word sort
2. Fall Beginning Sounds
3. Fall Poem: blackline, colored, and blank for student drawing
4. Leaf Story: Fall Leaves (See the ____ leaf.)
5. Chart story words and pictures for Fall Leaves
6. Fall Story: Fall
7. Fall words
8. Fall Story: Is it Fall?
9. Chart story words and pictures for Is it Fall?
10. Leading Question: What do you know about Fall?
11. Build a Sentence: Fall – The leaves are falling down.
12. Simple Sentence Match: Fall – In the fall, we see…
13. Fall Writing
14. Fall Words chart
15. Shared Reading: In the Fall…
16. Fall Art and Writing
17. Leaf and apple Manipulative Math: Making sets and Recognizing NUmbers
18. Missing Number Activities
19. Compare 4 Numbers
20. How many? Counting sets
21. Counting On: Fall
22. Number Order: 1-10
23. Pumpkin Dice Game with dice template
24. Pumpkin Measure
Students will learn about reading, writing and math through fun hands-on activities. It's Fall, y'all.