Are you ready to have your most INCREDIBLE year teaching yet? I know I am! What better way is there than to kick-off this school year with an “INCREDIBLES” themed series of activities that work to build your classroom community?
This packet was designed to grab your students’ attention and engage them in building a strong and positive classroom and school community.
Check out the INCREDIBLE activities below:
• Pages 5-12: “It’s Going to Be an INCREDIBLE School Year” Personalized Morning Greeting Invitation
• Pages 13-18: “My Friends Think I’m Incredible” Classroom Community Building Art Activity
• Pages 19-23: “Someone Thinks You’re INCREDIBLE” Student Spotlight Letter (from parents, former teachers, etc.)
• Pages 25-27: “You’re an INCREDIBLE Classmate” Notecards (to encourage students to compliment and support their fellow students)
• Pages 28-30: “You’re an INCREDIBLE School Staff Member” Letter Writing Activity
• Pages 31-32: Meet the INCREDIBLES
• Pages 33-54 : Be like Bob! Mr. Incredible’s Guide to Showing Super Strength in the Classroom
-Engaging Intro: Super Strength with Friendly Fists Experiment
-Classroom Connection: Anchor Chart - What can you do to be the strongest student you can be this year?
-Super Team Building with Mr. Incredible (Mr. Incredible values diversity and recognizes that the strongest “teams” are made up of people who have different skills and attributes!)
• Pages 55-64: Hello Helen! ElastiGirl’s Guide to Being Super Flexible at School
-Engaging Intro: Get-to-Know-You Silly Putty Stretch
-Classroom Connection: Anchor Chart - How can you be a more flexible learner and friend this year? OR What is one thing you can do to S-T-R-E-T-C-H yourself as a learner this year?
• Pages 65-71: Violet’s Vibe: Violet is all about protecting those people she loves. Learn how to use your words and actions to protect yourself and your friends from others that are unkind.
-Engaging Intro: Violet’s Protective Force Field STEM project
-Classroom Connection: Anchor Chart - What can you do to protect yourself and others when you are treated unkindly?
• Pages 72-77: Dash’s Speed Challenge: Learning to be quick and perform well on special target classroom activities
-Engaging Intro: Dash’s Minute to Win It Challenges
-Classroom Connection: Anchor Chart - What school activities are the most important to be done quickly…and well?
• Pages 78-91: Jack-Jack and the Cookie Attack!
-Classroom Connection: Anchor Chart - Jack-Jack has multiple super powers like the ability to clone himself, turn himself into a monster, and shoot lasers from his eyes, among others! What SUPER skills would you like to develop this year at school?
-Classroom Celebration: Jack-Jack and the Cookie Attack (School Scavenger Hunt and Classroom Cookie Party)
• Pages 92-98 INCREDIBLE Décor Posters
For more details on this product, check out my FB page @EngagingTheStandards!
Hope you have an INCREDIBLE school year!