Learn about the country of Greece with this web quest. There are nine questions as well as comprehension questions and the key. This would be a great resource if you are doing anything with the upcoming Summer Olympics.
You may find these resources of interest as well:
1. Want a fun activity to review vocabulary terms for a unit on ancient Greece? Looking for an enrichment activity in history? Try my Ancient Greek Secret Message activity. The activity involves students working individually or in groups to review vocabulary terms on the Ancient Greeks. Then,a following direction activity is next where students place letters from the different terms into boxes found at the end of the activity page. Once all the boxes are filled, a "secret message" about the ancient Greeks is revealed! The teacher page includes additional information to share about the "secret message". It's a fun way to reinforce important vocabulary for a unit of study on the Greeks! If you prefer to offer a vocabulary box, I have included this as well.Greeks, A Secret Message Review Activity
2. Part of my Country in Focus Webquest series(includes comprehension questions): Greece, Country in Focus-A Webquest
3. Travel to Greece(Reading activity in the Content Area): Comprehension questions included: Greece, Travel to Greece-A Reading Passage
4. History of the Olympics:
Learn about the history of the games which began in ancient Greece, both past and present with this informative webquest. There are 10 questions as well a number of fun facts. Extension activities are also included(and the key).The webquest can be completed in one class period and is geared for upper elementary and middle school students.Can be used before a vacation, for a Friday activity,during the upcoming games or if you are studying the ancient Greeks. Learn about the History of the Olympics
Other Countries in Focus Resources:
1. Russia: This webquest of 10 questions will enable young people to learn lots of information on the country of Russia! Extension activities, resources, fun facts,key. Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. Russia, Country in Focus-A Webquest
2. Australia: Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. There is also a mapskill activity. Try Australia. I also have a Country in Focus on Switzerland,India and Iceland. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation, for an enrichment activity or for a substitute.
Russia, Country in Focus-A Webquest
3. Iceland. Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. The first in the series is Iceland. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity. Iceland,Country in Focus-A Webquest
4. India:Country in Focus,is a web quest, with additional fun facts and extension activities. Did you know that it was ancient India which gave the world the idea of the zero? The game Chutes and Ladders comes from an Indian board game. More people speak English in India than in the United States? Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. India, Country in Focus-A Webquest
5. Switzerland: Did you know that a Swiss man named Bertrand Piccard was the first person to circumnavigate the earth in a hot-air balloon? Did you know that the first chocolate bar was made in Switzerland back in 1819? Learn more about this mountainous country with this informative webquest on Switzerland!
Mapwork, 9 web questions, extension activities and key...
Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity. Switzerland, Country in Focus-A Webquest
6. China: A great resource that helps develop skills such as reading for information and using research and computer skills. This web quest gives students an overview to the country: map skills, info on panda bears, Great Wall, Terra Cotta Solders-more. Extension activities/key (12 page resource with 10 informational web questions). China, Country in Focus-A Webquest
Learn about the country of Brazil with this informational web quest. There is also a map skill activity and fun facts. Additionally, there is a teacher page with extension activities and additional links.
Although the map skill/webquest can be completed in one session, if you opt to do the extension activity, additional days could be used. Brazil, Country in Focus-A Webquest
2016 Olympics will be held in Brazil!)
Perhaps, you might like to follow my TpT Store. Click by the green star by my photograph. I send monthly notes and have specials from time to time.