ITS IT'S YOUR YOU'RE
Do "your" students know when to use these homophones correctly?
These 2 worksheets will help them know which spelling is the correct one. Context clues within the sentences will help them identify which spelling to use.
Great chance for class discussions! Why not ask your students which context clues within the sentences helped them choose the correct word?
Is it "its, it's, your, or you're?" Have "your" students fill in the blanks with the correct answers. Great reinforcement.
Worksheet #1 is all on "its and it's" and worksheet #2 is all on "your and you're".
Your download of 3 pages includes answers.
See thumbnails for a clearer idea. Decorated for fun. By David Filipek
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU OR A COLLEAGUE! - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- REDUCING AND EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS SQUARES
- Challenge your students with these two full worksheets, one on reducing and one on equivalent fractions. 20 examples on each page. Will make your students “think”!
- THEY'RE, THEIR, THERE
- Great practice with these 3 homophones also. Students must fill in blanks with the correct spellings using context clues.
- HOMOPHONES POWERPOINT LESSON
- Lessons on “its, it’s, your, you’re, they’re, their and there”. 48 questions in all on these common homophones on 46 slides. Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. HOMOPHONES!
- FACTORS OR MULTIPLES OR BOTH!
Your students are given a specific number and 8 numbers after it. They must tell whether the 8 numbers are factors, multiples, BOTH a factor and a multiple of the first number or NEITHER! Will truly test their knowledge of factors and multiples. Two full worksheets.
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!