by Leo Lionni book companion which includes Common Core Standards
multi-day lesson plans using literature to support teaching of Tier Two vocabulary, story grammar comprehension
, skills and ends with a culminating written response, book review and letter to families about the vocabulary.
★ Day One: Activating Prior Knowledge: a fun lesson that requires the students to work as a team
to accomplish a task.
★ Day 2: Reading the story and working with story gramma
r so the students get the concepts of
character, Setting, emotions, initiating event, problem/plan/solution, resolution. Each page of the story has supports for the teacher/therapist as to what to stress, questions to ask, concepts to teach.
★ Day 3: Re-read with the students acting out the character using visual stick puppets. Visuals are given. This helps the children demonstrate their understanding.
★ Day 4 Explicit instruction in Tier Two vocabulary, visuals are given for vocabulary with picture supports and a child friendly definition, connection to the text and connection to the world (child)
★ Day 5 Culminating Written Response:
There are additional ideas for supporting the English Language Learner.
☆ Paper for the first drawing activity
☆ Vocabulary template for Tier Two words
☆ Story Grammar visuals
☆ Sign for student to say line in chorus "It's Mine"
☆ Worksheet with pictures
☆ Lotto Game
☆ Parent Letter
☆ Book Report Paper
I have written a blog about this product; Click here
• "It Takes a Village" Book Companion, Black History Month, Tier 2 Vocabulary
• A Pocket for Corduroy Book Companion: Tier Two Vocabulary,
• Annie and the Wild Animals Book Companion 4 day lesson plan
• Caps for Sale: book companion, Vocabulary, Writing Prompt
• Dear Juno Book Companion,Tier Two Vocabulary, Korea,Letter writing,Story Grammar
• Edward the Emu: Common Core Standards, Tier Two Vocabulary
• New Shoes For Silvia Book Companion Common Core Multi-day Unit, Tier 2 Vocab
• The Gingerbread Man book Companion, retold by Aylesworth
• The Scarecrow's Hat Book Companion: Tier Two Vocabulary, Common Core Standards