I have created some non-fiction activities for young learners to help learn more about turkeys. PLUS, I shared my four favorite Thanksgiving books with activities to extend the stories! You will find:
* Vocabulary exercises such as poult, turkey, gizzard
* A short story that can be colored, cut and assembled into a book about turkey facts. Each page states a fact and then a direction that they must do.
* A station activity that puts words into sentences.
* Label a turkey.
* KWL flow chart to be filled in about turkeys.
* Text to self activities.
* Four great books that celebrate turkeys with activities that check story comprehension, sequencing, predictions, and more:
"A Turkey for Thanksgiving" by Eve Bunting
"A Plump and Perky Turkey" by Teresa Bateman
" 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving" by Dav Pilkey
"Thanksgiving is Here" by Diane Goode
Lots of goodies to enjoy and engage your learners!