Bees, bees, bees! Finding the main idea concept is often tricky for students to grasp. Make it fun for them by introducing reading activities which help develop their knowledge as well as their understanding of this tricky concept.
This unit is all about bees. There are plenty of texts to practice finding the maion idea, the topic sentence and the supporting details.
The activities included in this unit are:
* A poster of bees defining the main idea, supporting details and topic sentence.
* What's the main title? A sorting activity center.
* Buzzy Titles. (2) Students write a title for each paragragh.
* 7 Main idea worksheets which include fictional and non-fictional texts about bees.
* 3 Worksheets about supporting details. Students find the maion idea after reading supporting details for each text.
* Topic Sentences A Buzz. Center activity. Students sort cards and text cards and then record their answers on a recording sheet.
Download the preview which includes 2 worksheets from this unit and a preview into all the others!
Would love to hear your feedback!
Visit www.yarasseaofknowledge.blogspot.com.au for many more freebies! :)
Yara @ the Sea of Knowledge.