Kindergarten and preschool speech therapy fun! Sing along with the interactive flipbook then practice s-blends, prepositions, Yes-No, and WH questions, work the plurals puzzle, have fun with negatives, categories, following directions and more.
This comprehensive unit will make your planning simple and have you covered for multiple sessions of a favorite theme... spiders!
This unit is designed as a book companion for The Itsy Bitsy Spider by Keith Chapman as well as the traditional song and finger play.
Perfect for bugs, spring, fall, autumn or Halloween themes!
This comprehensive download includes 23 different activities. You get fun
story-telling pieces, a printable mini-book to send home, a PowerPoint auditory bombardment listening activity, plurals puzzles, sorting mats, printables, articulation cards, homework, language prompts, lesson plan and suggestions for extension activities too.
PLEASE NOTE: This product includes both:
Itsy Bitsy Spider Flipbook plus additional activities exclusive to this set.
You will not need to purchase these separately if you purchase this unit!
Story Telling: Itsy Bitsy Spider Flipbook: Interactive storytelling. Children move the pieces as the spider climbs the spout, gets washed out and climbs up again! Prompts are included to target story comprehension, categorization, descriptive skills, and quantity concepts: all/none/ some, prepositions and spatial concepts(up/down/out).
Flannel board Storytelling Set includes 5 pieces for circle time, cookie sheet activities, literacy centers: Itsy Bitsy Spider, the water spout, a cloud, rain cloud and the sun.
• Minibook to make and send home for home practice in story re-tell.
• Question Cards with Question Mats include 24 Wh? Question Cards and 18 Yes/No questions to help children understand and respond to What?, Who?, Where?, Why? When? How? and Yes/No questions.Question mats included.
• Initial /sp/blend Articulation Home Practice Sheet with a naming to the description activity.
• Things that are Sticky/Not Sticky with sorting mat. Target the tricky negative concept “Not”. Sort 18 pictures that are sticky/ not sticky
• Spider Vocabulary Game: Name to description prompts
• /sp/ blend Articulation Cards with Rhyming Pairs find the 9 matching rhyme pairs as you play one of the included games.
• I Spy Rhymes activity- which 2 out of 3 cards rhyme?
Sequence/Ordinal Concepts: Itsy Bitsy Spider Sequencing Cards
Following Two-Element Directions: Prepositions and Following Directions Color Sheet teaches position concepts top/bottom, on, under, middle. Children must listen for the color word and position vocabulary to color the sheet correctly.
Categorization: Things that are Sticky/Not Sticky with sorting mats. Sort 18 pictures that are sticky/ not sticky
Verb Tense and Pronouns
• What Did They Climb? Choose a silly card and place on the mat for the boy or girl. Say the sentence with a pronoun he/she and past-tense verb “climbed”.
• Verb Tense Practice Cards- For older students: write past and future tense on cards with dry erase markers.
• Name the singular and plural pictures then flip them over to complete the puzzle in the Plurals Puzzle Game. A BW template is provided for your youngest students who need to match the pictures.
Synonyms /Antonyms: Itsy Bitsy Spider FlipBook prompts.
• 87 cards in all: 60 Initial /sp/ Articulation Cards with Rhyming pairs-20 cards for each word position with pictures for the non-reader. Print two sets for card games, 9 bonus game cards included so you can play all your favorite games- Memory, Old Maid, Go Fish, etc.
• 18 Minimal Pair cards with Sorting Mats
• Guess What? Cut and paste activity for naming to description
• 3 Home Practice Sheets: one for each word position
Phonological Awareness / Auditory Bombardment:
• Auditory Bombardment PowerPoint file. Children listen to the recorded words and watch the PowerPoint presentation with colorful slides illustrating initial /sp/ words. Can be listened to independently at a computer or projected for the class at circle time.
• Feed the Spider! Phonological awareness activity- which words begin with “sp”?
• Prompts for counting syllables
5 Games and Open-ended reinforcement activities:
Spider Vocabulary Game
Itsy Bitsy Spider Question Cards Game
Where is the Spider? Plurals Puzzle Game
Wh? Question Cards Game
Dot Marker Page- Featuring Itsy Bitsy Spider. Use with Dot markers or bingo chips.
Blank Cards for customizing your own cards
1. Itsy Bitsy Spider Flipbook with interactive story pieces
2. Flannel board Storytelling Set- 5 pieces for flannel or magnet board.
3. Minibook for home practice
4. Itsy Bitsy Spider Poster
5. Word Wall Cards
6. Itsy Bitsy Spider Sequencing Cards. Sequence 4 story pictures
7. Spot the Spider Song Card-/sp/ sound-loaded song and game
8. Position Vocabulary/ Following Two-Element Directions Color Sheet- on, under, top, middle, bottom.
9. What Did They Climb? Past-Tense Verb and Pronoun Practice with 20 cards and mat.
10. Verb Tense Practice Cards- write past and future tense with dry erase markers
11. Regular plural ‘s’ cards with Where is the Spider? Plurals Puzzle Game
12. More/Less Sorting Mats-quantity concepts
13. Category Sorting Mats & Understanding “Not”. Sort 18 pictures that are sticky/ not sticky
14. Initial /sp Articulation Cards: 20 /sp/words with extra game cards, 18 minimal pair cards with sorting mats, rhyme list and home practice page
15. Guess What? Name to a description cut and paste activity
16. I Spy Rhymes –choose the 2 of 3 cards that rhyme and place on the mat.
17. Feed the Spider- Phonological Awareness activity: which words begin with /sp/?
18. Do-a-Dot Reinforcer Page- put spots on the spider’s web! Use dot markers, bingo chips or pennies.
19. Auditory Bombardment- PowerPoint File
20. Question Cards with Wh? Question Cards Game: Traditional story and Book Companion activities for Keith Chapman version-question mats, 24 wh? question cards, 18 yes/no cards, Wh? Questions Game
21. Where is the Spider? Game
22. Spider Vocabulary Game
23. Itsy Bitsy Spider Prepositions and Following Directions Color Sheet
❤ More speech therapy activities you may like:
★★★Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺