Spin nursery rhyme fun with an interactive flipbook and a huge unit of speech and language activities. Teach s-blends, prepositions, Yes-No and WH questions, negatives, categories, name to a description, rhyme and more.
This unit is designed as a book companion for The Itsy Bitsy Spider by Keith Chapman as well as the traditional song and finger play.
Perfect for spider, bugs, spring, fall, autumn or Halloween themes!
A huge comprehensive download with 73 pages of printables and 23 activities. You get fun printables, a PowerPoint auditory bombardment listening activity, language prompts, lesson plan and suggestions for extension activities: art, snack, literacy center, listening center, youtube links, book list, and homework.
This product includes both:
Articulation Cards and Activities for SP with Min Pairs
Itsy Bitsy Spider Flipbook
You will not need to purchase these separately
if you purchase this unit!
This Itsy Bitsy Spider Unit includes materials to improve the following target skills:
Itsy Bitsy Spider Flipbook: Interactive storytelling. Children move the pieces as the spider climbs the spout, gets washed out and climbs up again! Prompts are included to target story comprehension, categorization, descriptive skills, and quantity concepts: all/none/ some, prepositions and spatial concepts(up/down/out).
Flannel board Storytelling Set includes 5 pieces for circle time, cookie sheet activities, literacy centers: Itsy Bitsy Spider, the water spout, a cloud, rain cloud and the sun.
• Minibook to make and send home for home practice in story re-tell.
• Question Cards with Question Mats include 24 Wh? Question Cards and 18 Yes/No questions to help children understand and respond to What?, Who?, Where?, Why? When? How? and Yes/No questions.Question mats included.
• Initial /sp/blend Articulation Home Practice Sheet with name to a description activity.
• Things that are Sticky/Not Sticky with sorting mat. Target the tricky negative concept “Not”. Sort 18 pictures that are sticky/ not sticky
• Spider Vocabulary Game: Name to description prompts
• /sp/ blend Articulation Cards with Rhyming Pairs find the 9 matching rhyme pairs as you play one of the included games.
• I Spy Rhymes activity- which 2 out of 3 cards rhyme?
Itsy Bitsy Spider Sequencing Cards
Following Two-Element Directions:
Prepositions and Following Directions Color Sheet teaches position concepts top/bottom, on, under, middle. Children must listen for the color word and position vocabulary to color the sheet correctly.
Things that are Sticky/Not Sticky with sorting mats. Sort 18 pictures that are sticky/ not sticky
• What Did They Climb? Choose a silly card and place on the mat for the boy or girl. Say the sentence with a pronoun he/she and past-tense verb “climbed”.
• Verb Tense Practice Cards- For older students: write past and future tense on cards with dry erase markers.
Itsy Bitsy Spider Flip Book prompts.
• 87 cards in all: 60 Initial /sp/ Articulation Cards with Rhyming pairs-20 cards for each word position with pictures for the non-reader. Print two sets for card games, 9 bonus game cards included so you can play all your favorite games- Memory, Old Maid, Go Fish, etc.
• 18 Minimal Pair cards with Sorting Mats
• Guess What? Cut and paste activity for naming to description
• 3 Home Practice Sheets: one for each word position
Phonological Awareness / Auditory Bombardment:
• Auditory Bombardment PowerPoint file. Children listen to the recorded words and watch the PowerPoint presentation with colorful slides illustrating initial /sp/ words. Can be listened to independently at a computer or projected for the class at circle time.
• Feed the Spider! Phonological awareness activity- which words begin with “sp”?
• Prompts for counting syllables
5 Games and Open-ended reinforcement activities:
Spider Vocabulary Game
Itsy Bitsy Spider Question Cards Game
Where is the Spider? Plurals Puzzle Game
Wh? Question Cards Game
Dot Marker Page- Featuring Itsy Bitsy Spider. Use with Dot markers or bingo chips.
for customizing your own cards
My Itsy Bitsy Spider Speech Therapy Unit Contents:
1. Itsy Bitsy Spider Flipbook with interactive story pieces
2. Flannel board Storytelling Set- 5 pieces for flannel or magnet board.
3. Minibook for home practice
4. Itsy Bitsy Spider Poster
5. Word Wall Cards
6. Itsy Bitsy Spider Sequencing Cards. Sequence 4 story pictures
7. Spot the Spider Song Card-/sp/ sound-loaded song and game
8. Position Vocabulary/ Following Two-Element Directions Color Sheet- on, under, top, middle, bottom.
9. What Did They Climb? Past-Tense Verb and Pronoun Practice with 20 cards and mat.
10. Verb Tense Practice Cards- write past and future tense with dry erase markers
11. Regular plural ‘s’ cards with Where is the Spider? Plurals Puzzle Game
12. More/Less Sorting Mats-quantity concepts
13. Category Sorting Mats & Understanding “Not”. Sort 18 pictures that are sticky/ not sticky
14. Initial /sp Articulation Cards: 20 /sp/words with extra game cards, 18 minimal pair cards with sorting mats, rhyme list and home practice page
15. Guess What? Name to a description cut and paste activity
16. I Spy Rhymes –choose the 2 of 3 cards that rhyme and place on the mat.
17. Feed the Spider- Phonological Awareness activity: which words begin with /sp/?
18. Do-a-Dot Reinforcer Page- put spots on the spider’s web! Use dot markers, bingo chips or pennies.
19. Auditory Bombardment- PowerPoint File
20. Question Cards with Wh? Question Cards Game: Traditional story and Book Companion activities for Keith Chapman version-question mats, 24 wh? question cards, 18 yes/no cards, Wh? Questions Game
21. Where is the Spider? Game
22. Spider Vocabulary Game
23. Itsy Bitsy Spider Prepositions and Following Directions Color Sheet
You May Also Like:
Just click the green text to take a look!
Five Little Ducks Language, Literacy and Articulation Unit
Easter Bingo Riddles
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
You may also like:
Five Little Ducks Unit
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom or therapy room so I can create more for you. ☺