This 20-something page kid-friendly and thorough informational booklet was written for UPPER ELEMENTARY readers. It contains 14 sub topics on Japan:
2. The Great Tohoku Earthquake
3. Prefectures and Cities
6. 3 Special Holidays for Children
10. Symbols of Japan
13. What do kids do in their free time?
14. Speak Japanese
15. My Questions (Extra) – A notes page for students to add extra vocabulary and questions
16. Glossary (Extra) – All words underlined throughout the booklet can be found defined in the glossary in the back
The download contains:
1. A booklet designed for front/back printing (print, fold, and staple)
2. A set of the original large single PDF pages
I also have a similar booklet written in a lower reading level for LOWER ELEMENTARY readers called JAPAN - Learn About Japan. It has shorter passages with less content. Please check it out!
I am an American teacher who did a cultural exchange between my class and Japanese schools and eventually went to Japan to visit their public schools! I want to share all the interesting things I think our elementary students want to know about Japan while balancing Social Studies curriculum standards. Your students will walk away knowing more about Japan than any kid their age! Download the entire book preview and take a look!
Almost all pages contain graphics with a picture caption. Most images can be colored by your students. This booklet was designed to be easy on your printer, using mostly black lines and gray colors for any fills.
All information comes from reliable sources and the download includes a list of sources.
This product may be used and copied for your personal classroom use. It may not be re-uploaded onto the internet in any form that could be downloaded.
This product may be used again for your new school year AND may be shared with another teacher. However, if it will be mass-printed (100 copies+) for several teachers’ use, please purchase additional copies or licenses.