This is a great tool to use in your literacy or daily 5 centers. It can be used as a review for older students and can also help students practice their French speaking in class.
-Colour coded cards
(Verbs-Avoir and Etre, Adjectifs, Les Noms, Continue la phrase, Questions)
- Each colour of cards are based on different questions (ex: blue cards are adjective based questions)
-Laminate & Cut and the game is ready to be played
How to play:
1. Students set up Jenga blocks by stacking them 3 by 3
2. Students sit in circle. Going around the circle, one student at a time, each student decides what block they want to pick.
3. Depending on what colour block the student has chosen, they are to pick a card of the same colour and answer the question before pulling and stacking. (ex: if student wants to pull a red block, they need to answer a red card question)
4. If the student answers the question correctly, he/she can pull and stack the block. (All students playing must agree that the answer is correct)
5. Students continue the game until the Jenga pieces fall
1. Version 1: Students can play with original Jenga (brown blocks) Teacher must colour code Jenga blocks with the colours in this game (blue, green, yellow, purple, pink and red) There should be 9 blocks of each colour.
2. Version 2: A coloured Jenga is available for purchase on amazon. Here is the link:
Or simply search “colourful Jenga blocks” on amazon