Also included in
- This bundle includes:1. Roll of Dice Poetry2. Jenga Poetry3. Poetry Task Cards4. Recycled Holiday Cards Poetry Writing5. Poetry With Friends--Halloween6. Poetry With Friends--Earth Day7. United Color of Poetry--Paint Chip Inspired Poetry Writing8. Poetry Quilt9. Poetry Graphic Organizers10$21.35$30.50Save $9.15
- This bundle includes:1. Scrabble Battle2. Roll of Dice Poetry3. Roll a Character4. Jenga Icebreaker--Back to School5. The Word Wall Games6. Jenga Poetry****************************Perfect for collaborative, hands-on learning, literacy stations, vocabulary practice, creative writing, early fini$12.95$18.50Save $5.55
Jenga Poetry is an engaging and fun game. Students use the numbered Jenga blocks and a Jenga Poetry Tracker Sheet to write a poem.
Students play Jenga as usual, but as they play, they keep track of the numbered Jenga blocks they remove. Each numbered Jenga block corresponds to a word, poetry term, or other direction on the Jenga Poetry Tracker Sheet. Once students have checked off at least 10 different (or any number you choose) Jenga blocks, they will be ready to start writing a poem.
Great for literacy and learning stations! Perfect for National Poetry Month!
**No need to glue or tape anything to your Jenga blocks. Simply number each block. The Jenga Poetry Tracker Sheet has all the information students will need to write their poem.
- Teacher and student directions including how to set up and play Jenga
- Jenga Poetry Tracker Sheet, including an EDITABLE version
- Poetry Peer Conference Form
- *Note: I did not supply a rubric for this creative activity. This is in accordance with my educational philosophy as listed in my profile. Sometimes it's good to just let the students create and learn just for education's sake.
Enough Jenga block sets (or similar blocks) for each group of 3-4 students
*Use a Sharpie to number each end of each Jenga block (1-54)
If you like this product, you may also like:
key words: poetry, National Poetry Month, April, games, gamification, Jenga, collaborative, engaging, poetry terms, vocabulary, peer conference, critical thinking, creative thinking, creative writing, poetry, literacy stations, learning stations, hands-on, captivate motivate educate, editable