Games are an ideal method to use as often as possible to establish and encourage mathematical concepts to be internalized within the minds of students!
Hence, I happily share this algebraic game of JEOPARDY!
* There are two complete JEOPARDY games for teachers to enjoy with their students!
* Each game has 5 categories and 5 levels of difficulty.
* Both games in this particular product cover chapter 2 in algebra I, "Properties of Real Numbers."
* Concepts covered include:
- Inductive-Deductive reasoning
- The real number line
- Absolute value
- Adding and subtracting real numbers that have different signs
- The properties of addition
- Multiplying and dividing real numbers that have different signs
- The properties of multiplication
- Rules for multiplying with different signs
- The distributive property
- Combining like terms
- Dividing real numbers
- Dividing and using the rules for the signs of quotients.
* Teams can involve single members, or they can involve dividing an entire class room of students into two teams.
* The questions are covered with blue boxes that are easily moved by using the cursor of a computer to reveal each selected question.
* Find a duplicate set of questions on the slide that follows the question slide; this duplicate slide shows the answers to the questions. Again, simply move the appropriate box to reveal the answer to the selected question.
^ Students LOVE playing Jeopardy, and what better way is there for them to acquire math skills than to play this fun and competitive game?!!!
Thank you, Kindly!