Mysteries are a great way to get students to read closely and draw conclusions. This unit has worksheet pages for each mystery plus I made a few more that are also included. Reading and answering the questions for one of the mysteries takes less than an hour.
These are fantastic for read-alouds as well as guided reading.
In addition, the book contains lots of codes and puzzles that go with the codes. Suggestions for techniques for young sleuths are dispersed throughout the book too.
This complete unit contains -
- a two page vocabulary study, based on the Detective Dictionary in the book
- a one page set of questions for each of the five numbered mysteries
- a two page quiz for the additional Mood Ring Mystery
- solution pages and logs for most of the code puzzles in the book
- additional bonus puzzles, using the format of those in the book, which I created myself
- ALL ANSWER KEYS included
See the preview for some sample pages, please.
Here are two other JUDY MOODY Novel units I sell: