Our Julius Caesar Unit Teaching Bundle
has 193+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity
in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
: 9th - 12th
: 193 slides/pages
Save $$$ and buy the bundle.
»»» Print Version
»»» Digital-only Version (coming soon...) »»» Combo Version (coming soon...)
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit
♥ Another great product from Created for Learning. I love how much I can adjust what I do and do not want to use. There is plenty to work with to supplement reading the play. This is definitely worth the price for all the wonderful materials I can use year after year.
♥ This was such a wonderful change of pace for my 9th and 10th graders! We used the handouts to create an interactive notebook. I used this product in conjunction with the No Fear Shakespeare version of the play so the students could have a side-by-side modern translation. Very effective.
♥ In this unit, there is plenty to pick and choose from among the different pieces. I like using the insults as an ice breaker before the quizzes and reading checks. Nothing like hurling an insult at a neighbor before sitting for an assessment.
♥ Thank you for a great resource. It has many great activities that break down the play very well :)
♥ Love this unit. I especially enjoyed using the quick writes and the vocabulary. Thanks!
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
··· Pre-Reading Bias Activity
- Sparks lively discussion about students’ biases before reading
- 11-pages/slides activity
··· Shakespearean Insults
- Students will have the opportunity to insult each other, Shakespeare style. Great for getting familiar with the old language
- 2-page bundle
··· Background Research Footnotes
- Footnote research to inform on various topics in play
- 20-slide PowerPoint
··· Plot Chart Organizer Diagram Arc
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer
- Suggested answer key provided
··· Conflict Graphic Organizer - 6 Types of Conflict
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page organizer
- Suggested answer key provided
··· Characters Organizer
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 6-page organizer
··· Journal - Quickwrite Writing Prompts - PowerPoint
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 32-question PowerPoint
··· What's the Worst Crime?
- Students analyze various "crimes" of the characters are use ethics/morality to rank them from least to worst
- 1-page activity
··· Figurative Language Instructional PowerPoint
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
··· Figurative Language Activity
- analyze and complete 61 figures of speech specific to the play
- 5-page bundle (3 parts)
- Similes vs. Metaphors
- Figurative Language Analysis
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Allusion
- Answer keys provided
··· Vocabulary List and Quiz Assessment
- 80 vocabulary words from the novel
- four 20-question lists & quizzes
- 12-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
··· Movie vs. Novel Comparison
- 2-page Worksheet
- Students compare & contrast the movie and play
*** 193 pages / slides total ***
Et tu will enjoy Julius Caesar! But beware the Ides of March!
»»» OTHER JULIUS CAESAR
> Digital 1:1
Complete Unit (coming soon...)»»»
> For-Print Complete Unit »»»
Combo Unit (coming soon...)»»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units
for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
> Poetry Unit Complete PowerPoint and Packet - Genres, Forms, Techniques, Devices
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!