Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Julius Caesar Unit Teaching Bundle has 193+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
NOVEL: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
LEVEL: 9th - 12th
TOTAL: 193 slides/pages
Save $$$ and buy the bundle. »»» Print Version »»» Digital-only Version (coming soon...) »»» Combo Version (coming soon...)
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ Another great product from Created for Learning. I love how much I can adjust what I do and do not want to use. There is plenty to work with to supplement reading the play. This is definitely worth the price for all the wonderful materials I can use year after year.
♥ This was such a wonderful change of pace for my 9th and 10th graders! We used the handouts to create an interactive notebook. I used this product in conjunction with the No Fear Shakespeare version of the play so the students could have a side-by-side modern translation. Very effective.
♥ In this unit, there is plenty to pick and choose from among the different pieces. I like using the insults as an ice breaker before the quizzes and reading checks. Nothing like hurling an insult at a neighbor before sitting for an assessment.
♥ Thank you for a great resource. It has many great activities that break down the play very well :)
♥ Love this unit. I especially enjoyed using the quick writes and the vocabulary. Thanks!
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
- Sparks lively discussion about students’ biases before reading
- 11-pages/slides activity
- Students will have the opportunity to insult each other, Shakespeare style. Great for getting familiar with the old language
- 2-page bundle
- Footnote research to inform on various topics in play
- 20-slide PowerPoint
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer
- Suggested answer key provided
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page organizer
- Suggested answer key provided
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 6-page organizer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 32-question PowerPoint
- Students analyze various "crimes" of the characters are use ethics/morality to rank them from least to worst
- 1-page activity
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 61 figures of speech specific to the play
- 5-page bundle (3 parts)
- Similes vs. Metaphors
- Figurative Language Analysis
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Allusion
- Answer keys provided
- 80 vocabulary words from the novel
- four 20-question lists & quizzes
- 12-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
- 2-page Worksheet
- Students compare & contrast the movie and play
*** 193 pages / slides total ***
Et tu will enjoy Julius Caesar! But beware the Ides of March!
»»» OTHER JULIUS CAESAR ROYALTY
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit (coming soon...)»»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit (coming soon...)»»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
»»» POETRY UNITS:
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!