This growth mindset literature unit for Jabari Jumps by Gaia Cornwall is perfect for 2nd-4th grade. This new picture book works perfectly in conjunction with any growth mindset curriculum. The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are comprehension questions included in list form as well as task card form).
In addition to 6 vocabulary cards, 14 discussion question task cards, and various printables, you will also find a variety of tasks where students can reflect on setting goals, taking risks, and facing fears.
You will also find several pages of information and anchor charts related to figurative language (idioms, similes, and metaphors).
Please check out the preview for Jabari Jumps prior to purchasing and let me know if you have any questions!
These activities are perfect for teachers or counselors who are helping students develop a growth mindset and understand that it's normal to have fears and anxieties. Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
You will find other engaging literature units here:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.