Download this fun and popular poetry two-week unit plan based on Jabberwocky and other poetry by Lewis Carroll. This planning has been designed for the UK curriculum Years 3 and 4 but it can be easily adapted for other curriculums too.
In these lessons pupils will:
- read and listen to classic poems by Lewis Carroll
- use comprehension skills to tackle nonsense poetry
- engage imaginatively with classic narrative poems
- create their own Jabberwock creatures
- write their own versions of the poems
- make props for a dramatic performance
- prepare and give a performance to an audience
The poems in the Jabberwocky Literacy Planning Pack include 'The Walrus and the Carpenter', 'A Strange Wild Song' and 'Jabberwocky'.
Perfect for World Poetry Month!