This packet includes a poem about Jack Jouett and accompanying worksheets (aligned with Virginia Studies VS.5c). Students will use critical thinking skills to analyze the poem, including identifying the audience, determining the poet's feelings, inferring, and drawing conclusions. They will then complete various activities including inferring word meaning using context clues, visualizing, and writing their own narrative poetry.
Included are the following materials:
• Poem & Background Information
• Question Worksheet - Students will answer questions after reading the poem
• Inferring Word Meaning Graphic Organizer - Students will complete the graphic organizer as they find unfamiliar words in the poem
• Visualizing Worksheet - Students will draw what they visualized while hearing the poem read aloud
• Narrative Poetry Writing Sheet - Students will learn what a narrative poem is and write their own poems
Also included are teacher notes with suggestions for using the materials, including a list of unfamiliar vocabulary words.
Thanks for visiting my store!
You may also like these related Jack Jouett resources:
Jack Jouett Packet (VS.5c)
Mystery Bag Activity: Jack Jouett (VS.5c)
Click here to view more American Revolution resources!