Students will engage in hands-on problem-solving to alter the events in a unique rendition of the classic tale, Jack and the Beanstalk
Merge STEM and ELA seamlessly with STEM Stories! Students will love this unique retelling of the classic tale, Jack and the Beanstalk.
Unlike other fairytale STEM activities, which involve students completing a challenge inspired by the story after it is read, these STEM Stories have the challenges woven throughout the tale. Students’ completion of the challenges determines different pathways for the storyline!
How does it work?
Students stop at designated points in the story to complete STEM challenges. The setup is similar to a choose-your-own ending story, where the outcome of student projects changes the events in the story.
What grade is this for?
STEM Stories are perfect for all elementary! They can easily be differentiated according to your students’ needs by changing the parameters of your challenges. For younger students, I would suggest a longer time limit to complete challenges, and access to a greater variety of supplies and supports. For older students, I would suggest a shorter time limit and, for certain challenges, limited supplies.
- Jack and the Beanstalk: A STEM Story This is an original rendition of the story, which can be printed, bound, and used for years
- 3 STEM challenges, each with student planning and reflection sheets
*Please note: Due to file size, the preview is only a sample of what is included, and does not show the entire product.*
Distance Learning Tips
- Upload the story and challenge sheets to your chosen platform
- Have students read the story and complete the STEM challenges on their own, using common items found around their home
- If possible, have students upload a picture of their finished product and their challenge sheets
You may also be interested in these great resources
If you have any questions about this product, please contact me before purchasing.
Thank you so much for your purchase!
Don't forget to check out my other classroom printables, and please return to leave some feedback!
Copyright © 2019 Amber Hock, M.Ed.
All rights reserved by the author.
This product is for your own classroom or homeschooling use only-NOT for commercial resale.