Elementary students explore the story of Jack and the Beanstalk through guided drama activities. Includes a whole class drama script for an end of unit performance (rehearse the play throughout the unit or work on it separately at the end). NO PREP REQUIRED! This curriculum aligned drama unit for elementary has 5 x 60 minute detailed lesson plans with extension and differentiation activities. A perfect and engaging way to explore a well loved story with a performance script (also useable as Reader's Theater).
- 5 x 60 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans based on Jack and the Beanstalk
- Whole Class Performance Script (Readers Theater) with detailed teachers version (including staging ideas) and student version. The script has plenty of chorus and individual lines.
- Drama Script for kids to use during the unit
- Mime Cards
- Additional and Extension Activities
KEY VOCABULARY: Mime. Drama. Movement. Freeze. Voice. Characters. Pretend. Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. Scene. Rhythm. Gestures. Adjective.
UNIT AIMS: Students explore the story ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ through guided drama activities. Students develop drama skills: creating, responding and performing throughout various guided drama experiences. The unit works towards the performance of a whole class short play of Jack and the Beanstalk (script provided with detailed directions) where students use the skills they have learnt and draw on the drama activities they have participated in to present a performance! (or just do the unit) Students:
- Invent, describe and inhabit an imaginary world
- Identify and make character choices
- Create story ideas
- Use improvisation to explore elements of the story
- Put themselves in someone else’s shoes and reflect on characters
- Respond to directions
- Use voice, movement and gesture to convey meaning
- Collaborate with peers to create scenes and contribute ideas
- Interpret a story
- Contribute to guided drama experiences
Please note that this product is for personal classroom or home school use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use.
© Drama Trunk. All rights reserved.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAMA RESOURCES?
PRIMARY DRAMA: Check out more primary / elementary drama units and resources at Drama Trunk!
DRAMA GAMES: Drama Trunk has free collections of drama games and activities available to download.
DRAMA CARDS: Never be stuck for a drama activity again with Drama Trunk Drama Cards.
DRAMA TRUNK DRAMA CARDS ARE A DRAMA TEACHER'S BEST FRIEND! Just print, laminate (optional) and cut out a set of versatile drama cards that you can use over and over again. I cannot count how many times and ways I have used drama cards – absolutely my most handy drama resource.
Use DRAMA TRUNK drama cards for tons of creative, fun, imaginative, any day activities, including:
• Drama games (including last minute activities)
• Warm ups
• Team building and cooperation activities
• Improvisation / quick thinking
• Audition / rehearsal activities
• Language activities
• Guided learning
• Listening skills
Combine the use of multiple cards for even more activities, challenges and ideas (you will have a HUGE amount of drama activities ready to go when needed).
******** DRAMA CARD BUNDLE ********
The following 17 DRAMA TRUNK drama card sets are available individually or as a CLASSIC BUNDLED PACK:
******** EVEN MORE DRAMA CARDS ********
+ MORE DRAMA CARDS AVAILABLE AT DRAMA TRUNK!