Jack and the Beanstalk contains literacy and math learning centers based on the classic fairytale. There are 4 literacy centers, 4 math centers, 4 graphic organizers and 3 games. Activities are appropriate for late kindergarten and early first grade students. Each learning center comes with a worksheet to enhance learning or record answers. Classroom learning time is approximately 2 weeks.
1. WRITING CENTER - 15 word wall cards that are large enough for pocket chart or bulletin board display. Writing template included.
2. BEANSTALK - 9 cards spelling the word BEANSTALK. Use the cards to see how many new words can be created. Includes recording sheet.
3. WORD SORT - 24 cards with real and nonsense words to sort along with 2 heading cards. Includes recording sheet.
4. TRUE OR FALSE? - 16 cards with a statement about Jack and the Beanstalk along with 2 heading cards. Includes recording sheet.
*GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS - 4 activities for group or individual use. Includes a survey, story map, word web and 3-way chart.
1. MEASURE THE BEANSTALK! - 6 cards with beanstalks of various sizes to measure to the nearest inch and arrange in sequential order. Includes recording sheet.
2. ALL THE NUMBERS IN A ROW - 20 number cards (5 groups) to be placed in the correct order. Includes recording sheet.
3. MAGIC BEAN PATTERNS - 16 pattern cards with matching pieces to complete the sequence. Includes pattern creation worksheet.
4. GIANT MONEY SORT - 16 coin cards to sort along with 4 heading cards. Includes coin counting practice sheet.
* 3 GAMES...Fee Fie Foe (tic,tac,toe), Build the Castle and Chop the Beanstalk.