It's oh so close to that magical time for all of your kiddos. Where pixie sticks are like pixie dust and the sugar highs and costume wearing little people are all up in the hallway. Say it with me: Halloween
You're probably wishing you had the perfect unit for your kids to practice real concepts
, but with a little bit of a festive flair. Or maybe you're craving just a hint of Halloween, with some playful ways to reinforce elements in your classroom. Well I have the perfect
so-mi practice & extension unit is for your kiddos!!
Enter: Jack-o-lantern: a Halloween song & games to practice so & mi!!
This set gives you everything you need for seven lesson segments
to practice so & mi. From staff to stick notation, to games that can be scaffolded to fit your students' needs, this set has it all! Most importantly, you'll get the brand new song that glues it all together and includes instructions for three "classic" style games. Think Duck Duck Goose, but spookier--er, sillier!
***The Goods Inside***
Teacher Talk with Anne
- You'll get my tips for how I use the resources in this unit. I outline seven different lesson segments for perfectly sequencing so-mi practice.
- Stick notation & lyrics for a brand new Halloween song! Also included are pedagogical uses, suggestions for teaching (including a bonus ostinato to add for an extra challenge) & 3 different game variations--completely separate from the additional activities in this set.
- Silly jack-o-lantern faces to print and use when teaching the new Halloween song!
- A presentation to review so & mi with stick notation. Go through hand signs, then practice transferring patterns from stick notation to pumpkin notation--something special for fall & Halloween!! (Both PDF & Powerpoint versions are included.)
- A presentation to review so & mi with staff notation. Review hand signs again, then practice transferring patterns from pumpkin notation to staff notation!! (psst--the patterns in both presentations is great practice for the games that follow; all part of my master sequencing plan) (Both PDF & Powerpoint versions are included.)
4 Corners Elimination Games
- A whole class game for students to practice matching what they hear with what they see!! See the game instructions for two different variations. (Both printer-friendly color & black and white are included.)
Jack-o-lantern Elimination Games
- A whole class game for students to practice matching what they hear with what they see, but this time with more individual responsibility! More patterns gives students more ownership and independence in their learning. Check out the game directions for two different variations. (Both printer-friendly color & black and white are included.)
- Perfect for a quick assessment at the end of the unit!! Copy double sided so students can take their work home and share with their family. These are also great for subtubs and stations!!
This set is for you if you are ready to embrace the Halloween crazy, but channel all of your students' energy into being purposeful, sequential, but always joyful!!
Looking for more good stuff?? Click here to subscribe to the Anacrusic Newsletter!!
Don't forget to follow me on Facebook
for more teacher tips and an inside peek at all things Anacrusic!!
Check out my blog
for exclusive posts, giveaways, and freebies!!
Did you know you can earn FREE TPT CREDITS by reviewing your purchases? Don't forget to leave thoughtful, honest reviews on your purchased resources for free credits (read: $$$) to put toward your next have to have resource on TpT.
How do you do it? Click your picture icon on the TpT homepage. Go to "My Purchases." Scroll through and click "provide feedback" on those resources that you absolutely love! It makes my day to hear how I've helped your classroom :)