Jackie Robinson is famous for breaking the color barrier in Major League Baseball. April 15 is designated as Jackie Robinson Day and every player wears #42 on that day to honor his achievements.
With this short research project, your students can learn more about a man who was both a great athlete and American while practicing the following skills – paraphrasing, research and informative writing. I created this short research project to be completed using online resources, but if you have access to print sources those could be incorporated too.
Included in this product:
* a detailed 6-page lesson outline
* Research Websites – a list of safe sites for students to use in their research
* patterns for students to create a Research Portfolio - Research Pockets, Note Cards, Portfolio Cover, Writing Paper and Works Cited Paper
* Informative writing prompt
* Informative writing frame to assist struggling writers
* scoring guide
* Research Check List to monitor students’ progress through the project
* a Family Letter to send home explaining the project
* a mini-lesson about paraphrasing
My students completed this research project in 10 days, allowing for 45-minutes per day. Suggestions for modifying both the length and difficulty level of the lesson are included in the “Extra Suggestions” section of the lesson outline.
You will receive a .zip file containing everything – the Research Websites PDF is a separate file and you have permission to link it to your class website. Please ensure you unzip/extract all items to use them.
Thank you for visiting my store. If you purchase this product, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator