Power Point Presentation detailing the events of Andrew Jackson's presidency.
Students will be able to:
• Understand the presidency of Andrew Jackson and discuss some of his major presidential decisions
• Describe the nullification crisis and how it almost led to a civil war
• Discuss Jackson’s attack on the National Bank and the economic problems that followed
1. Why was Andrew Jackson sometimes referred to as “King Andrew the First”? What actions earned him this title?
2. What caused the nullification crisis? How did the president respond? How was war avoided?
3. Why did Jackson attack the National Bank? Was he successful in reaching his goal?
4. How was politics changed after Jackson’s presidency?
Do now: Students will analyze a political cartoon depicting Andrew Jackson as a king and answer corresponding questions.
Using notes on power point, we will discuss Andrew Jackson’s presidency. Students will analyze photos and maps that go along with the note slides. Students will take notes as they follow along with the presentation.