Jacob's Bug Collection: A Lift-the Flap Book!
Recommended for pre-k through 1st grade depending on skill level. Designed for students working on expanding language skills.
This would also be great for inclusion lessons and special education classrooms!
Your students will love lifting the flaps to help Jacob look for a grasshopper in the park!. This book targets functional vocabulary, MLU, yes/no questions, and more! It has three interactive elements to keep your students engaged! (lift-able flaps, picture symbols, and bug pieces). Each time the student finds a bug they will collect it in the bug jar. Click the preview above to see inside!
• Interactive Book-please note: this book has to be constructed just like any other book downloaded on TPT, make sure you are willing to put it together before you purchase. Lamination and velcro required for assembly (high prep: it is worth the work)!
• No-prep comprehension worksheet with pictures (use with crayons, markers, or bingo dotters).
• Color-A-Bug Jar Scene dice coloring activity.
• Read and Color worksheet (the student colors the bugs they find on each page).
• My Bug Book: A mini no prep fact book that teaches the students about the bugs in the book (simple descriptions and facts).
The book's pages are about a 1/2 of a horizontal sheet of paper (right under depending on your printing settings). Make sure you check your printing settings before printing (some printers may put a large margin around the page, making the book pages smaller). Please see my previews to see how the book looks compared to my hand for a size reference!
Check out all of my popular "lift-a-flap" books here!
Check out my whole series of Lift-A-Flap Books HERE
Have you tried my toy companions? Learn more by clicking below:
Practice speech and language skills while creating with building bricks.
Earn Your Bricks Articulation and Language
Flip frogs in a pond while practicing articulation!
Frog Launching Pad
Race cars while practicing articulation!
Articulation Racing Mats
Feed farm animals and practice articulation:
Artic Feeding Mats for Farm Animals
Toss Pom Poms in cups while practicing articulation!
Wind-up toy companion:
Wind Up Artic
Don't forget to leave feedback for TPT credits to use towards future purchases!
Email me with any questions before you buy email@example.com
Don't forget to follow me (click the little green star by my name!)