This is a fun call-and-answer style card game that keeps students on their toes as they practice saying and listening to French vocabulary words.
This package includes 20 playing cards. If you have more than 20 students, they can play in partners. If you have less than 20, you can give students 2 cards at a time.
I have included the cards in full-colour versions and black and white. My personal preference is to use the black and white cards– I ask my students to colour the card before playing (this gives them time to familiarize themselves with the vocabulary words on their card before the game starts). However, I have included the full-colour version in case you prefer the “prettier” version! :)
This game is ideal for students in grade 1 or 2 French immersion or Primary Core French.
The game is played as follows:
- Give each student one (or two) playing cards.
- Students will sit in a circle.
- Anyone can start the game, by reading their card out loud. ex. “J’ai une table. Qui a une feuille jaune?”
- The player holding the card that reads “J’ai une feuille jaune” must answer by reading their card, and so on.
- The game is over when it comes back to the first player!