Hello fellow educators! Here is the first of my units on nocturnal animals, this one all about BATS! This unit is perfect for Fall, when it starts getting darker earlier and we can see some nocturnal animals out and about in the evening.
The activities in this unit were designed for students in grade 2 French immersion, but would be suitable for grades 1-3, and also for Core French students.
Included, you will find:
1. KWL (SVA) chart about bats- Ce que je sais, ce que je veux savoir, and ce que j'ai appris
2. Bat craftivity- Have your students colour the bats with vivid colours and use it as a bulletin board display to showcase your students’ learning!
3. Sondage- Aimes-tu te pendre à l’envers?
4. Bat math – challenge your students’ higher order thinking by presenting them with Pascale’s triangle!
5. Venn diagram- compare and contrast bats vs. birds. This activity works well after reading the text “Stellaluna” but can be used on it’s own!
6. Savais-tu? Bat facts booklet. Students can illustrate the sentences as they learn all about bats.
7. Combien de dizaines? counting activity
8. Sound “au” study- finding “au” words
9. Syllable sort! Sort bat-related words into the appropriate column.
*Special note: while you are learning about bats, many of the “Magic School Bus” videos are free on youtube, and there is one called “Le bus a des crocs” that is all about bats! Just search “Le bus magique crocs” :)
As always, you can download the full unit as a preview to give you an opportunity to see what you are purchasing. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! :)