I needed some interactive centers activities to make practicing reading concepts from Jalapeno Bagels easy. These activities are a great supplement to the story, but also are helpful for Reading Street Unit 5, Week 4. These easy to use and easy to cut activities, are interactive for the students. Print each activity on a different color of cardstock, write a matching symbol for the matching cards on back (triangles, circle, star) and then cut out on the easy to cut lines. You have 5 centers ready to go in your classroom for the story Jalapeno Bagels.
* Fact or Opinion sorts (2)
* Order of Events
* Compare/Contract Characters Venn Diagram
* Prove It - citing text evidence
* Vocabulary Match (word, definition, sentence)
* Bonus - blank vocabulary template is included to add more vocabulary words
All answer keys are included.
Plus +++ The "Crack the Code" activity and directions are included. What is Crack the Code? When completing each center activity, each group will earn a new letter. When all centers are completed, they must unscramble the letters to reveal the clue. (This is an optional game, but it is highly engaging and motivational.)
• Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday
• If I Made a Million center activities
• Prudy's Problem and How She Solved It Interactive Centers
• Symphony of Whales center activities
• Third Grade Reading Street Newsletters ALL 1-6 Units Word Lists & much more!
• Third Grade Reading Street Newsletters Unit 1 Word Lists
• Third Grade Reading Street Newsletters Unit 2 Word Lists
• Third Grade Reading Street Newsletters Unit 3 Word Lists
• Third Grade Reading Street Newsletters Unit 4 Word Lists
• Third Grade Reading Street Newsletters Unit 5 Word Lists & much more!
• Third Grade Reading Street Unit 6 Newsletters - Word Lists & much more!