My complete Spanish 4A Lesson 19 plan with handouts ready to modify and copy for your class.
This is Lesson 19 from my first semester Spanish 4 lesson plan book Jalen Waltman's Complete Spanish Lesson Plans () You can download the entire semester's vocab list and grammar topics by lesson for free
My Level 4 includes culture lessons covering 4 of the AP Spanish Language and Culture themes and can be used as a “bridge” class to AP, for a Spanish 4/AP combined class, or as a partial replacement for AP curriculum in an AP-only class.
Two AP themes are included in 4A: La vida contemporánea with Argentina culture and Las familias y comunidades with Puerto Rican culture. There is major emphasis on spontaneous speech, conversation practice, class discussion in Spanish, and expository writing as well as tons of authentic resources for culture discussion.
This Spanish 4A Lesson 19 Lesson folder includes:
- detailed, step-by-step lesson plan with ACTFL-aligned objectives
- multiple speaking prompts – individual, small-group, and class discussion on culture topics related to Las familias y comunidades+ Puerto Rico/the Caribbean, with video links to observe and compare “legends” with the U.S.
- a full-page reading recycling “house” words from the AP vocab list (rooms and objects)
- a translation activity version of the story reading
- a poster of “Periodista” questions for guided student notes as they watch a news clip of your choice in Spanish (idea for where to find these clips in the lesson plan)
- a graphic organizer for comparing Puerto Rican and US legends
- a writing activity to extend and reinforce the learning about the legend of Guanina and Sotomayor
- a cooperative learning activity to check for comprehension of the legend
- A homework assignment on Preterit review (stem-changers)
- the entire semester's 4A Vocab, Culture, and Grammar List for students to fill out as you teach each lesson
- my 4A Grammar Notes Big List with quick-notes for students to fill in as you teach grammar lessons throughout the semester
- the vocab quiz for Lesson 18 vocab as well as Lesson 19 grammar
Note: There are 30 total lessons plus the "First Day" lesson in my 2014 Spanish 4A Lesson Plans, encompassing the entire first semester level 4 (or 4/AP) high school Spanish.