This lapbook focuses on James Oglethorpe and his contributions to the founding of Georgia. Do your students need to strengthen their fine motor skills? Does your system require you to teach character traits to students? If you answered yes to any of those questions, this unit is for you!
This lapbook is a fun, interactive way for students to learn about James Oglethorpe (Georgia standard SS2H1), but the unit can be used to teach many other standards as mentioned. It includes the following components:
• Directions and pictures for assembling the lapbook
• Cover page
• 2 Timelines - a primary and an intermediate version- your choice
• Character Traits Booklet: compassion, civility, and liberty
• Vocabulary Pocket
• 6 Programmed Vocabulary Cards
• Editable Vocabulary Cards- create cards of your choosing
• Interesting Facts
• My Life Compared to James Oglethorpe's Life
• Short Answer Comprehension
• Short Answer requiring text evidence to support their answer
• Updated to include themed lined writing paper
This lapbook can be used with a variety of reading passages, books, or websites. Reading passages are NOT included.
This lapbook is the beginning of a second bundle in my American Heroes: Georgia Edition. I am also working on Mary Musgrove and Tomochichi lapbooks. Look for them later this summer!
You can purchase the other lapbooks here:
♦ American Heroes: Jimmy Carter
♦ American Heroes: Jackie Robinson
♦ American Heroes: Martin Luther King, Jr.
♦ American Heroes Bundle 1: Carter, MLK, and Robinson
♦ American Heroes: Mary Musgrove and Tomochichi
Thank you for shopping in my store!