James and the Giant Peach
is a fun book that takes the reader on an adventure! Roald Dahl's characters and scenes are well developed and interesting.
This creative writing resource has the students write from the characters' perspectives from the novel.
The creative writing prompts include:
1. Aunt Sponge- Why does she think she is the best and better than her sister, Aunt Spiker?
2. Aunt Spiker- What would she say about herself and why she is the best ever!
3. Create a limerick poem about yourself or someone you know.
4. The old man- Where did he get the green things and why is he so eager to give them to James?
5.James- How has this experience changed James's life forever? What does he plan for his future?
6. Write in and tell us what you think would have happened if James had swallowed the little green things himself!
Some other James and the Giant Peach resources include:
James and the Giant Peach Novel Study