Students can use this double-sided flip book to record and review their knowledge of Jamestown - the first permanent English settlement in North America. Depending on your students, you might complete this as a class or have students work on it in small groups, with a partner, or independently. To complete the Jamestown flip book, students will fill in the blanks and add pictures and writing.
Topics covered include:
• reasons for English colonization
• reasons why geography influenced the Jamestown site choice
• importance of the charters of the Virginia Company of London
• importance of the General Assembly
• arrival of Africans and women
• hardships and survival changes
• interactions between settlers and native peoples
Included are the following:
• double-sided flip book template
• sample answer key
• step-by-step directions for printing and assembly
Pictures of a completed example are included, which you can use as an answer key.
This resource supports 2015 Virginia Studies VS.2a-c.
Thanks for visiting my store!
CLICK HERE to see more Jamestown resources!