Let's Bundle up for winter with Jan Brett.
Two lessons bundled together- The Hat and The Umbrella
Have your students explore and compare and contrast two very different regions of the world Norway and the Rainforest.
This power point is over 40 slides.
The Hat- Lesson includes
- Learn about setting, characters and Problems in a story
- Solution using graphic organizer
- Teach your students to ask questions about the text
-Referring to text to support answers
- Visual graphic organizers
- Character's feelings
-"I Can"- Common Core statements
- Common Core checklist
- Analyze character feelings and text
- Vocabulary words
-Setting- Visit Norway
- Discussion Cards
Then take your students to explore the mysteries of the Rainforest
with "The Umbrella"
- Explore the setting
-Answer guiding questions
-Learn about rainforest animals
-learn animal facts
-group chat questions
-Sequence of events
- Learn spanish words