Use this comprehension packet to plan reading and writing activities based on Jangles by David Shannon.
I designed this packet for use in first grade. I use these activities toward the end of the year. They would work well for early second grade or in kindergarten as whole-group activities with teacher modeling and support.
Write your Own "Big Fish Story" Activity
• planning sheet/graphic organizer
• rough draft sheet
• final draft/published draft paper
Make your Own Jangles Craft
• instructions and materials list
• template for cutting felt fish
This packet includes 12 questions in two formats. The questions are based on first grade standards.
• Option 1: 1/2 sheets for each individual question
• Option 2: task cards with the option of 2 recording sheets
• word search (color & black and white version)
• vocabulary cards: 8 cards with picture and definition, back of card includes a hand motion to assist memorization
• vocabulary matching: cut & paste activity sheet, can be used as an assessment or practice
• vocabulary sentences: students write sentences using vocabulary from the story, can be used as an assessment or practice
• story element vocabulary: 8 1/2 sheet posters with common story element vocabulary.
Check out the preview to see everything in this packet!
Please click the green star above under "Made by Miss Cassidy" to follow me for updates, freebies, and discounts. Don't forget to leave feedback for TPT credits!