Also included in
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store.As I add more resources, the price of this product will increase. This is because TpT caps the discount I can offer on products in a bundle. I can only reduce the price by 50% in a bundle.Once you buy this pro$119.58$239.16Save $119.58
THIS is a FREE slideshow lesson (VIEW ONLY) to help students learn how to set AND ACHIEVE SMART goals. WARNING: Work is still required.
NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO EDIT the slideshow or ar handouts (POWERPOINT, WORD or GOOGLE SLIDE files), you will need to purchase the SMART Goal Setting Lesson: Teach HOW to achieve goals (GROWTH MINDSET)
Why do we need to teach our students and children goal setting?
- Because life doesn’t always go our way.
- Because nothing worth having comes easy.
- Because at some point in life, we’re going to trip and fall. We need to learn how to pick ourselves back up.
- Because if we keep on doing everything for our students and children to protect them from the world… how will they learn to navigate these struggles for themselves?
TRY. FAIL. LEARN. REPEAT.
We help people achieve their goals and overcome obstacles by focusing on four key elements of success:
- using strategies,
- putting in the effort,
- optimizing our work, and
WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER.
What does that even mean? It means that sometimes, effort alone doesn't cut it.
HOW TO WORK SMARTER…
Imagine a fly stuck inside a house, and desperately trying to get through a closed window to freedom. The fly can try as hard as it wants, but it just can’t break through the glass. If only, the fly could take a step back and find the open door a few feet away. Seems obvious, but sometimes it’s not so obvious when you’re stuck in the thick of things.
WORKING SMARTER MEANS...
1. TRY DIFFERENT STRATEGIES
- Think about how you could reach your goal,
- Figure out what the actual obstacle is,
- Try different tricks and ways,
- Figure out why these strategies might work…
2. PUT IN THE EFFORT
- Actually try…
- It’ll be hard work, but find a reason to keep going...
- Or, find a way to make the process fun…
3. OPTIMIZE WHAT YOU DO
- Keep track of how things are going,
- Focus your energies on strategies that produce results...
4. TINKER MORE
- Try little experiments that probably won't work…
- Learn from your successes and mistakes
- Play and explore with the problem…
LINK TO FREE SLIDESHOW:
A lot of students want to improve. Not everyone knows how.
So we have a complete Goal Setting unit for students. It’s “”
But, it's not just for students. It's for anyone; it's for everyone. This stuff works at school, at home, at work, or anywhere in life. Persevering over obstacles is a transferable skill, baby!
Link to view the slideshow is in the READ ME PDF document.