January - 32 usable engaging pages of lesson plans in one thematic workbook covering the entire month of January for your 1st to 4th grade students. Most pages are California State Standards based. Perfect for home school, too!
English language arts include:
* Reading comprehension
* January background information page--with highlights on New Year's Day, Winter Sports, Martin Luther King Jr.
* January theme book report form (including literary genres, summarization)
* Sentence construction
* Manuscript and cursive handwriting practice
* Editing/proofreading practice
* Poem for choral reading with matching finger puppets
* Creative writing prompt,
Math includes: Numbers, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Basic Facts/Color Page, Ordered pairs, higher level thinking Word Problems.
Other pages include: January Calendar and Calendar Notes, seasonal Word Search, Skier Paper Brad Art, Scrambled Word puzzle, Secret Code, Recipe for Marshmallow Snowmen, January Coloring page, Fill-in-the-Blanks, January Secret Code, Word Search with seasonal Background Study, New Year's Maze, Crossword Puzzle
View the complete Table of Contents and Sample Pages by clicking on the Preview file.