January Math Journal is finally here! This month the theme is winter including, winter animals, snowflakes, and winter sports. This is aligned with some of the Everyday Mathematics activities to supplement and support, as well as activities to challenge students who are ahead in certain curriculum areas. 24 problems included!
Problems include work with:
Addition and Subtraction
Time (digital and analog)
Domino Number Recognition
Number Writing and Comparing Numbers
Common Core Requirements Met:
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.1 Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings1, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.2 Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.5 Fluently add and subtract within 5.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.MD.A.1 Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight. Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.A.3 Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, “flat”) or three-dimensional (“solid”).
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.1 Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.2 Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.3 Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
• CCSS.Math.Content.1.MD.B.3 Tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks.