PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
99.72 MB | 12 pages
Here are some high-interest, nonfiction reading passages filled with lots of fun facts about the month of January. Use them as a quick warm up activity, for early finishers or in a reading center.
• 9 January themed reading passage, each with 3 comprehension questions
• Worksheet for recalling 4 January facts that students have learned
The 9 passages include the following titles:
• Happy New Year!
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
• Emperor Penguins
• The Abominable Snowman: Fact or Fiction?
• Do You Want to Build an Igloo?
• National Braille Literacy Month
• Opposite Day
• Happy Birthday, Ben Franklin!
• What is Snow?