January Reading Paired Passages - Winter Reading and Writing Activities
Also included in
- Paired Passages are a great way to practice comprehension. Each month comes with 5 paired sets, which is 10 passages. Each set comes with a nonfiction story and a fiction story, plus questions and comprehension work for both. There are also 2 sheets that work on comparing the fiction and nonfictionPrice $52.00Original Price $65.00Save $13.00
Teaching January themes, like winter and Martin Luther King Jr. Day, while using fiction and nonfiction reading paired passages activities can keep students engaged throughout the month. This January reading set comes with 5 paired fiction and nonfiction sets, which totals 10 passages.
Each set comes with a nonfiction story & a fiction story, plus questions and comprehension work for both. There are also 2 sheets that work on comparing the fiction and nonfiction stories. This packet is for January themes!
Stories and Winter Themes Included:
- New Year's Eve & My New Year's Sleepover
- Penguins & Perry and Polly
- Martin Luther King Jr. & Our MLK Jr. Play
- Winter Sports & Trying Out for Skiing
- Snow & Trapped!
This product comes in three different formats:
- Traditional printable sheets
- Interactive notebook pages
- Google Slides
How to choose which format:
The best thing about this product is that you get to choose whether you want to use it as an interactive notebook or just plain printables! When you unzip the file, there will be 3 documents. They are the SAME product, just in different formats.
- If you choose to use it in an interactive notebook format, then you will double click the Interactive Notebook Format PDF in the unzipped file. This can be used with spiral bound notebooks, composition notebooks, or 3 ring binders with loose leaf paper.
- If you choose to use the traditional format, then these printables are ready to be printed and used! No prep necessary!
- If you choose the DIGITAL format, open the traditional PDF, scroll to page 5 and click the link for digital access in Google Slides.
Grade level suggestions:
These passages are not lexiled for vocabulary reasons, but the pack was made for my second grade class. Higher first grade students would really benefit from this. It can also be used in a first grade class as a guided activity. This can be great practice for third grade students as well.
This product is part of a BUNDLE. You can save big money if you buy this product in the bundle.
- Check it out here!
Check out my similar paired passages sets:
Want other Winter ELA Activities?
Like this resource? Make sure to follow my store to keep up with brand new products!
This purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you're interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses for a discount through the TeachersPayTeachers tool. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.