Make math skills practice a blast with this Winter Math Skills "LET IT SNOW MATH" Packet. There are a ton of options in this resource to allow you to design a math packet that is perfect for your students current math skills and your students will have a blast completing these themed math activities.
This packet covers adding and subtracting within 10, adding and subtracting within 20, missing addends, missing whole numbers, fact families, teen numbers, doubles, skip counting, place value, expanded form, comparing numbers, ordering numbers, graphing and data, 2D shapes, word problems, and more!
This Let it Snow Math winter math packet was designed with first grade in mind, but the skills covered can also be used for second grade. Please see the list below of the skills covered with each page.
Includes 64 pages of winter themed math practice:
- Snowy Ten Frames ( 2 pages- adding ten frame counters to 10)
- Winter Addition (2 pages- adding using pictures and writing equations)
- Chilly Counting On (5 pages- Counting on using pictures and writing equations from numbers within 10 and 20)
- Winter Subtraction (2 pages- Subtracting using pictures to find the difference)
- Frosty Fact Families (4 pages- fact families within 10 and within 20)
- Snowball Count by 2's (2 pages- counting by 2's to 50)
- Cocoa Count by 5's (4 pages- counting by 5's to 100 and 120)
- Snowflake Count by 10's (2 pages- counting by 10's to 120)
- Hot Cocoa Addition (3 pages- adding 3 numbers within 10 and 20)
- Snow Globe Number Bonds (2 pages- Filling in the missing part on the number bond - within 10 and within 20)
- Snow Globe Number Bonds (2 pages- Filling in the missing whole on the number bond - within 10 and within 20)
- Icy Teen Numbers (adding two numbers with teen sums)
- Icy Teen Numbers (adding another number onto 10)
- Icy Teen Numbers (finding the missing part)
- Icy Teen Numbers (2 pages- subtracting with teen numbers)
- Snowflake Doubles (2 pages - with ten frames and writing equations)
- Arctic Ten Frames to 20 (adding 10 frame counters to 20)
- Snowy Ten Frames to 20 (adding 10 frame counters to 20)
- Race Down the Snow Hill (5 pages - 2 pages of adding/subtracting fluency within 10, 2 pages of adding/subtracting fluency within 20, 1 page with adding ones onto decade numbers)
- Penguin Place Value (2 pages- counting base ten blocks within 100)
- Ten More, Ten Less, One More, One Less (2 pages)
- Place Value Mittens (2 Pages- writing tens and ones, writing expanded form)
- Snowflake Shapes (2 pages - one page for writing the name of the shapes - one page for circling the name of the shape)
- Comparing Icy Numbers (2 pages- greater than, less than, equal to)
- Ordering Icy Numbers (2 Pages- ordering numbers from least to greatest)
- Favorite Snow Day Activity (analyzing data on a pictograph)
- Favorite Arctic Animals (analyzing data on a pictograph)
- Winter Word Problems (6 pages - addition and subtraction word problems within 10 using pictures and mixed missing part word problems - includes 3 pages for practice within 10 and 3 pages for practice within 20)
Please see the full preview for a closer look at the pages included in this math packet!