- This is a great Japan bundle! JAPAN! An Introduction Bundle (157 pages) contains four lessons in one! It is a great way to introduce Japan to students in an all-encompassing way! Plenty of serious learning and fun, all in one lesson!The lessons included are:Japan! A Country Study (56 pages)Japan!$16.50$13.25Save $3.25
- Get ELEVEN lessons in one, all on Japan!This is an all encompassing bundle of our lessons on Japan, especially made for grades three through six!This product is perfect for schools that would like to present topics on Japan throughout the year or even through a concentrated week-long focus.Lessons i$40.00$28.00Save $12.00
- Get ELEVEN lessons in one, all on Japan!This is an all encompassing growing bundle of our lessons on Japan, especially made for grades kindergarten through two!This product is perfect for schools that would like to present topics on Japan throughout the year or even through a concentrated week-long$39.50$28.00Save $11.50
Learn all about the ancient tradition of flower viewing in Japan! This is an easy, kid-friendly lesson on Hanami, or the Cherry Blossom Festival, and the importance of the sakura, or cherry blossom, in Japanese culture. Also included is an easy, cute craft where students can make their own replica cherry blossom art piece.
JAPAN! Cherry Blossom Festival (27 pages) includes the following:
1. Hanami, the Ancient Tradition of Flower Viewing - images file in a slideshow format with embedded lessons on each slide. There are 2 formats provided - an Adobe file, and a PowerPoint (editable file). You can read lessons from your computer as students view images on classroom Promethean board. There is no need to print this out. The lesson covers:
- Religious Origins
- Showcasing the Uniqueness of Japan
- A Symbol of the Samurai
- Flower Viewing Today
2. Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Scroll - craft with 2 grade levels of instruction (K - 2, 3 - 6) in which students blow out paint through straws to create tree branches and make cherry blossoms out of paper napkins and crepe paper streamers.
Materials needed to make craft include 12"x 18" construction paper in a pastel color, paints to share (white craft acrylics and black tempera), straw to "blow out” branches, pink lunch paper napkins for cherry blossoms, a roll of yellow crepe paper streamers per class to make centers of cherry blossoms, dowels or wooden skewers with pointy ends cut off (this is optional), pipe cleaner for hanging, glue, and scissors.
WANT MORE LESSONS ON JAPAN?
Try our bundle! GET THREE LESSONS IN ONE, ALL ON JAPAN. Bundle includes a country study, a lesson about the samurai in feudal Japan, and a look at Kodomo no Hi (Children's Day).
Or, take a look at our individual lessons:
TESTIMONIALS ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS
"In my nearly 30-year career in education, I have never seen children so engaged in their learning! International Travel Academy is truly a multi-disciplinary approach that enables children to explore the world in an unforgettable way. Students get a real sense of what it means to respect another country's heritage, beliefs and ways of living, thus making them more tolerant and internationally-minded. I highly recommend this program to educators and parents wishing to make learning come to life!"
– A Former Assistant Superintendent at Atlanta Public Schools
“(The five-day program) has given our school the unique opportunity to provide students with incredible experiences that align so well with our IB focus. Each spring with family and community support, our school essentially is transformed into our country of study for one full week. Teachers are easily able to follow the daily curriculum and activities provided, and the students truly enjoy this special week of instruction. From the art projects to festive food tastings, cultural dress, music, dance and traditions, the students spend this entire week engaged in new and exciting experiences of a new country. I would encourage all schools (IB, or not) to jump in and make a week like this happen for their students. It is incredibly gratifying to spend this week with kids as they come together to learn and share experiences like these across grade levels, school-wide. When we hear such rich discussion in classrooms and read their detailed writing about what they've learned as part of (the) week, it makes all the preparation, planning and expense totally worth it!! “
– An International Baccalaureate Instructional Specialist at a local elementary school
Our lessons have been tried and tested for the past seven years. But, as we are new to TPT, we would love to get feedback from you! Please email us! Our personal emails are included in the lesson.
HOW TO GET TPT CREDIT ON FUTURE PURCHASES
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
This product is for personal classroom use by a single teacher. If you would like to copy this product for more than one teacher, please download additional licenses, available at 10% off the original price!
You cannot give this item to others, copy this item for use by others, post this item on a website, or copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
Please feel free to use as needed for your personal use, for your classroom, or to copy for your students. Of course, you may always purchase unlimited licenses for others to use at 10% off the original price.
From My Cool World