: How should history judge the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II?
- Common core-compliant worksheet.
- Includes several activities designed to promote critical thinking, active engagement, and class discussion such as:
- Do now – Cartoon analysis “Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips” (Cartoon is quite racist but serves to illustrate the pervasive anti-Japanese sentiment in the United States).
- Primary source analysis – excerpts from Executive Order 9066
- Think-Write-Pair-Share – Was internment justified? Reactions to Executive Order 9066
- Video analysis – U.S. Government propaganda video
- Song analysis – “Kenji” by Fort Minor (links included to lyrics and song)
- Twitter Activity – Respond to FDR concerning internment in a tweet
- Secondary source analysis – Korematsu vs. US
- Letter to Congress activity – As a former internee, write a letter to Congress or President Reagan responding to the passage of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988.
- Includes nearly 20 critical thinking/analysis questions!
What files come with this product?
- Japanese American Internment worksheet Word Doc (for easy modification)
- Japanese American Internment worksheet PDF (to maintain formatting)
- Japanese American Internment worksheet Answer Key
- Video – Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips
- Video – U.S. Government Propaganda video
Please read the listing carefully so you are confident in what you are buying. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Please follow my store by clicking the link below.
Click here to follow
If you decide to purchase this or any other product, please take a moment to leave feedback. Thank you so much!