The following is a common core-based lesson/worksheet that focuses on Japanese feudalism. This worksheet is loaded with a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and critical thinking.
Topics covered include:
• Japanese feudalism
• Comparison with European feudalism
• The Samurai code of bushido
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Secondary source reading on feudalism
• Primary source reading on the code of bushido.
• Japanese vs. European feudalism activity
• Numerous opportunities for class discussion
• Includes almost 10 fact-based and critical thinking questions
I also offer the previous lesson in the Global History sequence on Japanese geography.
The Geography of Japan Bundle - Global/World History Common Core
and a bundle of both lessons at a reduced price...
Bundle #14 - Japan - Global/World History Common Core
This worksheet can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this worksheet. Thanks!