Five files are included in the Jazz Age and Harlem Renaissance Pack.
- PowerPoint presentation
- Corresponding notes in Microsoft Word and PDF
- Corresponding cloze worksheets in Microsoft Word and PDF
Lesson Objective: To examine the cultural changes brought about by the Jazz Age.
- Jazz Age
- Harlem Renaissance
Key Terms and People:
- Louise Brooks
- Louis Armstrong
- Countee Cullen
- Langston Hughes
- Zora Neale Hurston
- Aaron Douglas
- Video clip: MC Hammer "Can't Touch This"
- Video clip: Flappers
- Video clip: "Tiger Rag" by, Louis Armstrong
- Video clip: The Charleston - Harlem, NY, 1950's
- Video clip: Get Lite - Bronx, NY, 2007
- Audio clip: "Roll 'em Girls, Roll 'em"
- Video clip: Flagpole Skating (:55)
- Video clip: The Harlem Renaissance (2:53)